All potential new swimmers must try out and qualify for participation in the Mexico YMCA Mid-Mo Marlins Swim Team or the Mini Marlins Swim School. Please call the YMCA at 573-581-1540 to schedule a tryout for Swim Team or Swim School.
Each swimmer (and parent) must download, sign, and turn in the Mexico YMCA Mid-Mo Marlins Swim Team Rules, Mexico YMCA Mid-Mo Marlins Parent Code Of Conduct and Mexico YMCA Mid-Mo Marlins Athlete Code Of Conduct forms before the swimmer will be allowed to participate in swim practice sessions.
For step-by-step instructions on completing the registration process, go to our article on How to Register your Swimmer on the Active.com Swim Manager Platform.
Winter Swim Program
Registration for the Mexico YMCA Mid-Mo Marlins 2020/2021 Winter Swim season is now open!
For the Winter Swim Program, each swimmer must be a member of the Mexico Area Family YMCA in order to be a member of the Mexico YMCA Mid-Mo Marlins Swim Team or the Mini Marlins Swim School.
All Swim Team fees from previous seasons must be paid in FULL before your swimmer will be allowed to participate in swim practice.
New members to the team must “Tryout” with Coach McManus before registering for the team.
- Swim Team runs September – March
- Mini Marlins runs January – March (There will be no Fall session this year because Coach McManus will be coaching the high school swim team at MMA.)
The following fees are to be paid at the Mexico Area Family YMCA Front Desk after registration is complete, the registration fee and first month fee must be paid before the participant is allowed to begin practice:
- $25.00 Registration fee (not required for Mini Marlins)
- $5.00 Heartland Conference fee (not required for Mini Marlins)
- $20 for the USA FlexSwim Membership ~ You may upgrade to a Premium Membership for an additional $54. The major difference is that the FlexSwim membership limits the athlete to participation in only 2 USA Swimming Events. (Most of our meets are YMCA meets and not USA sanctioned meets. It is possible to upgrade to a Premium Membership at a later date if you decide to participate in more than 2 USA sanctioned meets.) To compare the two membership levels, visit; www.usaswimming.org/Home/join
Winter Swim participants are required to be members of the Mexico Area Family YMCA, if they are not already active members they must become members; this requires a one-time join fee and monthly membership dues.
- Swim Team Monthly Fees (September – March)
- $50.00 / month for Swim Team Bronze Group
- $55.00 / month for Swim Team Silver Group
- $55.00 / month for Swim Team Gold Group
- Mini Marlins Monthly Fees (January – March)
- $30.00 / month for Mini Marlins
- Sibling discount — $5.00 off monthly fees for second and subsequent siblings.
- Swim Official discount — 15% off monthly fees for swimmers with at least one parent who is a Certified USA Swim Official or Certified YMCA Swim Official.
Other required expenses include:
- Team Swimsuit for swim meets – purchased through B & B Aquatics
- Team Swim Cap for swim meets – purchased through the YMCA.
- Entry fees and transportation for home and away meets.
- Additional equipment as required for practice, such as goggles, flippers, snorkels, etc.
Summer Swim Program
2021 Mexico YMCA Marlins Summer Swim Team Information Sheet
Summer Season – May 3rd – last meet in July 2021
This program is for participants that can already swim, it is not designed to teach non swimmers to swim. Mini Marlins is for swimmers who need additional training before joining the competitive swim team. New members of the team will be evaluated by the coach at the start of the season.
Cost per participant: (Payment in full required before participation.)
- Members – $100 / Non-Members – $125
- Team fees include: Program fee and Mid MO Conference registration fees.
- Other Expenses:
- Team Swim Suit and Swim Cap – purchased through the team.
- City Pool admission fee for practices at the City Pool; per practice or season pass, price TBA. (Probably $2.00 per practice, but it has not been officially set yet.)
- Swim Meet entry fees when required, not all meets require fees.
- Transportation for away meets.
- Additional equipment may be required for practice such as goggles, flippers, snorkels, etc.
- USA Swimming registration if desired. (Some meets require USA membership.)
Mini Marlins Swim School: (Runs the month of May on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 7:00 – 8:00 PM)
- Members – $30 / Non-Members – $45
- Mini Marlins may then tryout for Summer Swim Team in June. If they make the team they will pay the difference between what they paid for Mini Marlins and the cost of Summer Swim Team.
Discounts: Sibling – $10 off program fee for additional siblings
Many swim meets, usually designated “Invitationals”, require meet entry fees to be paid. The specific entry fee information for each meet (once we have the information) can be found by going to the Events Calendar, clicking on the name of the swim meet in the Calendar, and then clicking on the “Read more…” link on the popup window.